June 2, 2023

Tndivorce Online

Next Stop Law

Code of Civil Procedure 873.940 CCP – Referees; Appointment; Report (Partition Actions)

1 min read
Code of Civil Procedure 873.950 Motion to Confirm, Modify, or Set Aside Report

California Code of Civil Procedure 873.940 is the California partition statute that allows the court to appoint referees in a partition by appraisal:

The court shall appoint one referee or, if provided in the agreement, three referees to appraise the property and the interests involved. The referee shall report the valuations and other findings to the court in writing filed with the clerk.

California Code of Civil Procedure 873.940

As in all manners of partition, the partition referee will help all parties involved receive their fair equity in the property. In this case, the referee will appraise the property and file findings with the court.

Contact an Experienced Partition Attorney in California

If you want to end your co-ownership relationship, but your co-owner won’t agree, a partition action is your only option. Our knowledgeable partition lawyers have years of experience ending co-ownership disputes and can help you unlock the equity in your property. For a free, 15-minute consultation with an experienced partition attorney at Talkov Law, call (844) 4-TALKOV (825568), email us at info(at)talkovlaw.com, or fill out a contact form online. Contact Talkov Law today to find out how you can pay nothing today and have your legal fees paid from the proceeds of sale of your property!

Copyright © tndivorceonline.com. | Newsphere by AF themes.